Jan 12, 2011

Hash brown Casserole


Hey There! I was playing around with a Hash brown Casserole recipe last winter, and it wasn't quite right, it was the addition of sour cream that I needed to nail the flavor. - But I'm thinking that if one wanted a vegetarian version of this, Cream of Celery or Cream of Mushroom soup would do too, but I don't think that they're as salty as cream of chicken.  So, maybe a bit more salt.  And if one wasn't really into the vegetarian thing, use this recipe with some diced up Ham.

I only had a 1 lbs bag of Hash browns, so the only think that I didn't cut in half was the soup, I think that in the large pan with about a 1 inch layer of potatoes made for a bit more crispy of a dish, the way I like it. :)

1 lbs frozen hash browns
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1/2 pint sour cream
1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 14 baking dish with
cooking spray.
2. Mix the above ingredients together, place in prepared pan and bake
for 45 minutes or until brown on top.

original recipe 

Let me know if you've got some recipe's that you really like, or some recipe that a restaurant does that you really would like to duplicate.  The above link might help. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment