Dec 29, 2010

The Art of making it happen, and Lee Iacocca

Day 263, 2010


Again, I was doing some thinking. Again. It might not mean much. But thinking back, there was a man that earned many peoples respect back in the past, and he took a large car company from broke or bankrupt to profitable years ago.  Lee Iacocca. One of his quotes was:

The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen.
- Lee Iacocca

So, I guess one could say that just blogging about a topic is a start. It's writing it down. You can move on from there. Other's can see it, and comment on it. It also helps to have a blog that will be around to view later.

I've pretty much decided to abandon my Posterous Blogs, and move things to Blogger or WordPress, but for now, I think that Blogger will suit most of my needs just fine. I've already setup RandomizedRadio.com to point Blogger.  And I've thought about adding short audio clips to this blog, so it would have some podcasts also.  Blogger will allow for other elements in the sidebar that Posterous won't. Blogger has been around for some time, and with all of the extra little widgets that connect blogs to each other, it shouldn't be to much of a problem.  True WordPress would do more, but I think that I can "get er done" with Blogger. I might do a post about what I see the differences are between Posterous, Blogger, and WordPress in the future. 

I'm not able to blog to multiple blogs and keep them updated at any kind of a decent rate, due to my pursuit of life, liberty, and a pay check. So, RandomizedRadio.com will be the main site, and I'll re-post geeky related ones over on PimpingThePenguin.com when I have one that fits for over there. 

I hope everyone is having a great Holiday....
Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment