Dec 20, 2010

Dear Blog, Day 354 2010, Western Union, 1937

Hey there, I was chatting with my mom talking about old things, and getting caught up, and she mentioned that she had a old Telegram that her Dad had send his dad, announcing her birth.  Cool, eh?  Back in those days, Western Union was the state of the art in communication. This telegram was sent from Flint, MI to Turner, MI about 100 miles.  No, I got a Photo copy of the original, and have edited it to look what I think it might look like. Maybe one day, I can do a real scan of it. :-)

I love old things like this, the old radios, the smell of a transformer burning dust off of it...
Anyway.

Do you have any old images of your family and it's history scanned and shared?

Posted via email from randy's posterous snoıɹǝʇsod s,ʎpuɐɹ

No comments:

Post a Comment