Dec 10, 2010

Wikileaks, Cables, and what's bothering me the most about it...

I'm not a reporter, I'm just a guy. I see and get involved with the information around me just as anyone else.  Yes, we have a DATA OVERLOAD today, and we'll continue to have Data Overload with our ability to use the web, etc.  But this thing with Wikileaks I find a bit scary. Not that Wikileaks might expose some name of a spy. Granted, I don't want to see people put into harms way. An information war isn't always clear, trying to go back and figure out who's done what to who for why how many years ago etc, I can't keep up with it all.  BUT.. Here's my take on things... 

Wikileaks was left alone, when it "exposed" Army or Military Secrets.
Wikileaks WAS gone after when the Politicians asses  were exposed. 

Two wrongs don't make a right.

How can a US Government official make a call to a web hosting provider and get them to pull the plug?  Shut down a bank account? - 

And how does this affect you? 

What if it were you they (The US Government) was pissed at? 
How would you want things handled? 
Would you be able to defend yourself if they cut off your ability to speak?

I'm against the censorship and the way that the US is conducting its self. 

And to that end, I encourage others to change their icon to support the freedom of ideas, and speech.  



@thenose100 on Twitter and Identi.ca

Posted via email from randy's posterous snoıɹǝʇsod s,ʎpuɐɹ

No comments:

Post a Comment